About FeatheredVine Studio Pty Ltd
and the founder, aka me, Yolandé Dugmore
Hi! I am Yolandé
Welcome to my corner of the internet, Friend!
I am so glad you are here, and I cannot wait to meet you through one of my services, courses, or product offers.
My passion is to work with small startup business owners. I want to help you turn your ideas into assets and assist you in managing your own WordPress website,
which is the most important asset of them all.
You are probably wondering who is behind the screen,
so let me introduce myself by telling you about the:
10 things you need to know about me
- The first time I was introduced to a computer, it used a big black square thing called a floppy drive, and to make the computer work, you had to enter commands.
- I have 4 kids, homeschool, and work from home, but I am a terrible multi-tasker… The only thing I do well multi-tasking is reading a book while bathing.
- My first computer has something to do with the first kiss Jono – my friend then and husband now – and I shared. This is a story for another time. It does involve a broken leg too…
- I still don’t know anything about DOS commands. Seriously!
- Two things drive me absolutely insane. Firstly, hearing someone chew, and secondly, watching someone chew. Yes, I know there is a name for that. One day I will get therapy.
- The second computer I owned was also the last salary compensation I received for a full-time work contract during the recession of 2008. That computer helped Jono get through university.
- Motherhood found me way before I was ready! Reading blogs was my sanity!
- A few years ago, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and asked a friend if I could be part of her new business startup. My computer skills were limited to starting up the computer, Googling, and shutting it down again. Since then, I have run a successful Virtual Assistant business from home.
- I have traveled to 6 countries – one of them only by crossing the border to say I have been there – and have eaten all kinds of delicacies like roasted grasshoppers and melted cheese mixed with white wine! Thankfully, I didn’t eat those at the same time. Yuck!
- From hyperventilating over tech stuff in the beginning, I have now learned how to ask Google the right things, code and hunt for HTML and CSS code, search forums, call a friend, or just call Jono for a hug. I have built various websites and forums and happy to say, I can now Geek too!